Monday, December 7

monday mtb ride at tranquility - 12.07

Dropped van off about 11 and rode back 7 miles or so into a 5-10mph north wind, 20F. Took 45 minutes and my hands and toes were tingling. I had on my regular winter coat which didn't breath and caused me to sweat. Amfibs with wool mitts over them, two thin bellaclavas, leggings, blue jeans, wool socks and snow boots.

We will start with Tranquility and either continue there or could choose to ride down the Big Papio some distance and then stop at Crane Coffee at 120th and Blondo to warm up, then ride back to Tranquility or shop.

Leave the shop at 6, ride by kiosk around 6:05.

3 comments:

dale said...

Missed a great ride. Around 2" of snow was light and rideable. Sub 5mph wind. Biggest problem was glasses fogging up.

RF rode out from his place, rode the trail, and rode back home. Over 3 hrs outside with a short stop at the shop. That is riding a bike for fun, transportation, and recreation!

Nate, Shawn, and another guy were also out putting down tracks in Tranquility! But a runner was first tracks around everything but the Inner Climb.

I fell three times on the trail and at the 120th st parking lot gate. Last one put a little scrape under my lip from sliding on the gravel. Rode with RF to Blondo and 120, he continued and I stopped for wings to warm up.

Will probably be first and last snow ride at tp for the rest of '09 if we end up with 8" of snow on the ground by tonight.

dale said...

Forgot to record riding temp was 17F.

RF said...

Thanks Dale for a great ride. Hope the few bumps and a scrape aren't too bad. I appreciate your inspiration. If you'd had posted "Trail has snow on it, Monday Night Ride cancelled" I probably would have just stayed at home on the couch pouting.

Fruita got 10" of snow... my weekend plans are in jeopardy :-(